Setup Java Path Settings in Windows XP
- Java installed on your system.
- First note down where your Java software installed. Go there and copy the path upto bin folder of JDK...
Like this.. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin
Note: Your actual path may vary.. This is just an example.
- Right click on your My Computer and select Properties. A window will appear.
- Choose Advanced tab from that window.
- Click on Environment Variables button located at the bottom of that window. That will bring a new Envrionment Variables window.
- Double click on path variable located at System Variables as shown in below figure. This will give you a small box type window.
- In that box, go to Variable Value, and put a semicolon ( ; ) at the end of that value.
Now paste here the java/bin path you have copied.( e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin)
It will look something like this. ..SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin
- Now click.. OK.. OK.. and OK.. Thats it..
Now open the command prompt and type in javac.. if you see some java commands.. your path setting is success...